Watch this space for new information and the latest news about AWS!
- Need an AWS Certified Judge for your competition? Click here!
- Behind the Scenes at the 2012 AWS Wine Competition - great article by Larry Lavery!
- Book your room now for the 2013 Conference
- Results of the 2012 Commercial Wine Competition are Posted - Click here!
- Results of the 2012 Amateur Wine Competition are Posted - Click Here!
- The June/July issue of the AWS News is now available
- The Summer issue of the AWS Wine Journal is now on-line
- Send us your chapter info for our website
Welcome to AWS
Welcome to the official website of the American Wine Society - the largest consumer-based wine organization in the US!
The American Wine Society was organized in 1967 as a non-profit, educational, consumer-oriented organization for those interested in learning more about all aspects of wine. Now in its 46th year, the American Wine Society is the largest consumer based wine education organization in North America. Membership is open to anyone interested in wine and over 21 years of age.
AWS Wine Competitions
The American Wine Society competition for commercial wine has been held annually since its successful trial program at the 1986 AWS National Conference. The 2013 AWS Commercial Wine Competition will be held Nov. 5-7 in Sandusky, Ohio.
An amateur wine competition has been an integral part of the AWS National Conference for almost as long as the Society has existed. The 2013 AWS Amateur Wine Competition, will be held Nov. 5-7 in Sandusky, Ohio.
AWS National Conference
The 2013 National Conference will be Nov. 7 - 9 at the Kalahari Convention Center in Sandusky, Ohio. Join us for great educational wine tasting and winemaking sessions, fantastic wines, and the opportunity to share it all with other AWS members from across the country.
In the Spotlight
The 2013 AWS Professional Member Directory is now available! Click on the above picture to view in magazine format. Click here to see in pdf format